You’re in good company with a chamber membership.
Membership brings benefits…and sales. Not only will membership keep you on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends in Colleyville and the surrounding areas, research indicates that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if they’re a member of their local chamber of commerce.
According to a research study by The Shapiro Group, Inc. and Market Street Services, if consumers know that a small business is a member of their local chamber of commerce, they are 44 percent more likely to think favorably of it and 63 percent more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- Most consumers (59 percent) believe being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It’s 29 percent more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26 percent more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it’s highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12 percent more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40 percent more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43 percent more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
Some people prefer lists. Here’s the Top Ten.
- Membership brings credibility to your business.
- Increase your visibility in the area.
- Create networking opportunities.
- Gain a voice in government.
- Make business contacts.
- Get chamber news.
- Acquire customer referrals.
- Access chamber events and programs.
- Promotion and publicity.
- Access to member only discounts and services.